Provisional bookings will be held according to the following policy:
- 10 days for bookings received more than 4 months prior to arrival
- 5 days for bookings received less than 4 months prior to arrival
- Last minute bookings are held until another inquiry is received. At which point we reserve the right to release the booking if full payment is not forthcoming.
You will be sent a reservation summary via email, which will include relevant details and expiry date (typically one week from the booking date). You are required to confirm the booking with a deposit payment prior to the expiry date otherwise it will automatically expire. If you require more time to confirm the booking, the expiry date may be extended upon request (subject to availability).
In order to confirm your booking, you will need to pay a 50% deposit. Please note cancellation terms below.
- A 50% deposit is required in order to confirm a booking
- Bookings within 30 days of arrival require full payment in order to confirm a booking
- Last minute bookings require immediate payment (with confirmation) prior to the guest’s arrival or we cannot guarantee the guests will be accommodated.
- The full balance is payable 60 days prior to arrival
- All payments made using a credit card will be subject to a 5% surcharge and exchanged into Kenyan Shillings using a current exchange rate. Visa and MasterCard accepted.
A booking will only be confirmed upon receipt of a deposit. On receipt of full payment, a final Reservation Summary will be issued. Payment must be received 60 days in advance. Bookings may be cancelled if payment has not been received within 60 days of the accommodation date.
Whilst Mara West Safaris strives to ensure that all anticipated accommodation or excursions are available as planned, there shall be no claim whatsoever against Mara West Safaris for a refund either in whole or in part if any accommodation or excursion is unavailable.
All cancellations must be in writing and must be confirmed in order to be valid. The following policy will be implemented in the event of a cancellation:
- More than 120 days before arrival – 25% of the invoice value forfeited
- Between 119 and 60 days prior to arrival – 50% of the invoice value forfeited
- Between 59 and 30 days prior to arrival – 75% of the invoice value forfeited
- Less than 30 days, and no-shows – 100% of the invoice value forfeited
No refund will be given for guests who join a tour and leave before its completion. The same applies to no shows. Clients are required to take travel insurance upon confirmation of a booking in order that cancellations can be claimed in legitimate circumstances. Bookings are accepted on the condition that guests have their own comprehensive travel insurance cover.
While Mara West Safaris attempts to fulfill packaged itineraries to the best of our ability, some changes may occur to itineraries due to circumstances outside of our control. These include, but are not limited to:
- Changes to transporter due to unavailability, maintenance, or any other reason
- Changes to transportation routes due to inclement weather, road closure, or any other reason
- Changes to camps due to unavailability, closure, or any other reason
Mara West Safaris reserves the right to, without notice, find equivalent transportation, reroute itineraries as necessary, and find equivalent accommodations that fit your package and cannot offer any refunds to that effect.
Depending on the package booked, the camps involved, the policy on children will differ. We will include the child policy for the specific booking at the time of quotation.
Mara West Safaris requires all guests to take out comprehensive travel and medical insurance to cover cancellation, medical expenses, personal baggage, and money. Insurance should be arranged on or before the time of payment of initial deposit.
Depending on the package booked, certain items will be included. However, exclusions generally encompass visas, gratuities, champagnes, luxury spirits, select wines, massages, spa treatments, select additional activities, conservancy and park fees etc. Your booking will provide a comprehensive list of inclusive and exclusive services. It is the client’s responsibility to become familiar with this list and be prepared to pay additional fees for any optional activities.
Mara West Safaris contracts out third party transportation, including ground and air, and takes no responsibility whatsoever for errors, omissions, losses, damages, delays, injury/sickness, or death, as a result of these third parties.